Rose McGowan back on Twitter

Rose McGowan back on Twitter

In the wake of Rose McGowan's temporary suspension from Twitter, many women - including some celebrities - chose to join the #WomenBoycottTwitter protest on Friday in support of victims of sexual assault who have been silenced in the past. "When I heard a Weinstein bailout was in the works I forcefully begged studio head to do the right thing".

"I told the head of your studio that HW raped me". He said it hadn't been proven. I was ignored. Deal was done. She past year said that she had been raped by a "studio head". She also accused Amazon of winning a "dirty Oscar".

In response to the allegations, Weinstein's representative repeated denials regarding allegations of "non-consensual sex" and added: "He will not be available for further comments, as he is taking the time to focus on his family, on getting counselling and rebuilding his life". She reportedly received a settlement of $100,000 from Weinstein over an incident that took place in 1997.

More news: Australia bowl, Stoinis returns, India unchanged

This proved too little too late for many women (and men) however who rallied to the #WomenBoycottTwitter banner to share their displeasure. The $100K payout was "not to be construed as an admission", according to legal documents obtained by the New York Times, but as an attempt to "buy peace".

Rose McGowan was temporarily suspended from Twitter Wednesday night, after several days of ferociously advocating for victims of sexual assault in the wake of the allegations against Harvey Weinstein.

McGowan concluded her tweets by calling on Bezos, 53, to "stop funding rapists, alleged pedos and sexual harassers". She was suspended from sending tweets, retweets and liking messages, though her account remained visible to users.

Related Articles